Quaife

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 22:21:36 -0500

This new diff is a varibale lock up mechanical diff,
not a viscous type.  It is called a 1.5 way because it
comes close to fully locking under accelleration,
halfway locks under braking to keep you from locking
up the indide front tire and freewheels under turn in
while coasting so you don't push.  It is designed for
FWD cars.

It uses a cam type device on the spider gear shafts to
apply the locking forces to the diff's clutch packs.

Mike