fuel pressure regulator gone bad?

Brent Barts brent102@hotmail.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 12:15:40 -0500

I'm having the same problem you are!  Installed the pulsar det and having
bad hesitation/back fires alot.  I'm thinking it is the timimg or fuel
pressure.
As soon as i get my exhuast finished today i'll be installing a new o2
sensor.  From there i'll change out the fuel pressure regulator.  And if
that doesn't do it probably the distrubutor.  I have all the extra parts so
it's just a matter of time.
You might have a vacum leak or something hooked up backward.  One other
thing i'm suspecting is the i hooked up the knock sensor and temp sensor
back wards and that could be throwing it off.
Let me know what you try and what's working!
Brent
91 se-Rt with bugs

>Was just wondering if anyone has had their stock fuel pressure regulator go
>bad...
My car is running crazy rich, even pumping out a little bit of black
>smoke when at idle.  When I get on boost, look out behind me!  highway
>cruise

I tried changing out the O2
/