quaife tranny

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 11:07:22 -0500

It eats VLSD diffs because it has a lot of power and
it gets road raced all the time.

If you were at the convention, you would see how I was
spining the wheels out of the exit of each turn.  This
eats a VLSD in about one good weekend of fun.

I think that the poor 60 foot time was because my
buddy Steve Mitchell had too much air in the slicks,
like 14 psi or something (he is a road racer as is the
rest of the SCC Staff, with little drag experiance).
If they took the tires down to 9 psi pre-burn out and
did a shorter burn out, I think the car could have
done a 2.2 60 foot time, even with the bad diff.

The tranny has a super short 1st gear and a 4.4 final
drive which means you have to do a 1-2 shift right at
about the 60 ft mark as well.

Mike
--- "Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta)" <Joe.Stewart@cox.com>