quaife tranny

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 15 May 2002 09:01:54 -0500

Brent Barts <brent102@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I believe the final cost was going to be just under 3 grand if i remember
>right.  For that you could buy two pulsar n1 trannys, have them welded to
>fit and still have a stronger box.

That's not how I remember it.  The Quiafe gearset was supposed to be stronger.
In fact, IIRC, the N1 gearbox is not much stronger than the stock gearbox.

Here is a snip of a message from Mike Kojima:

"Well 50% stronger is better than 50% of nothing.  It
is also stronger than any other alternative like a
bluebird tranny.  I was considering making a BB trany
conversion kit but it seems that VLSD Bluebird trannys
are so rare that they are almost non-exsistant.  N-1
trannys are also even more expensive, an N-1 tranny
conversion would cost more and not be as strong."

Here is the full message:

<http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/2001/2001-02/msg01245.html>

>Not to mention nissan now has a six speed tranny for the primera.

IIRC that is not really a six speed manual box, but their silly CVT which can
be "shifted manually just like an F1 gearbox."  If you believe that, then a
transvestite must be good enough for you as well.

Let's try to get the facts straight people.

George Roffe