CAI Piping

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Tue, 14 May 2002 11:44:55 -0500

SE-R NUT <sr20depwr@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Ok guys since AEM uses 2.5" and HS and PR use 3.0".  I think I will go with
>2.75"  All the way down.   And from reading in the archives it seams like
>the longer teh better so I will try to obtain 24" I hope. I will be
>spraypainting the inside and out black w/the heat resistant paint.  And
>also wrapping it w/ header wrap.

IMHO, you should ditch the header wrap.  The difference in air temp entering
the engine is going to make so little hp difference that you probably couldn't
even measure it on a dyno.

If you really are intent on a thermal barrier, ditch the paint as well and get
some Techline coating (do a google search - I can't remember the URL).  Their
DIY thermal coating is not as good as the Swain White Lightning, or as good as
header wrap, but probably as good as any of the generic ceramic coatings such
as Jet Hot.  It probably won't cost anymore than the combination of paint and
header wrap (but I could be wrong - do a little homework and let us know).

George Roffe