Homemade CAI

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 10 May 2002 11:14:27 -0500

SE-R NUT <sr20depwr@hotmail.com> wrote:

>What are the advantages of using the custom made 3" rather than say a PR or
>a AEM or Hotshot?

None, unless you want to spend some time on the dyno figuring out the best
possible configuration.  I know Luis Molina has had some success doing this.

Also, I still believe that a 2.5" is likely to make more power.  I know Mike
Kojima found no power increase goint to 2.5", but Luis Molina did.

I can't back it up and the objective results are mixed, so let's just call it
a hunch on my part.  Until someone decides to spend some more time with
configuring a 2.5" and 3" CAI on the dyno this is all we have to go on.

When I get my 944 finished I plan to do exactly this with it.  Of course my
goals for it are more clear since I only car about power from 4-7k rpm.

George Roffe