Check Engine. Alternator?

Dan C. nissanser@hotmail.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 20:58:12 -0500

Hi guys!  Last week while driving, the brake light and battery light came on
on two occassions.  I unplugged the battery overnight to try and resolve it.
  Now, the brake and battery lights are off, but my check engine light is
on.  I haven't noticed anything different on the way the car rides (gas
mileage is normal, idle is fine, etc...).  I've gone through the archives
and found that the brake and battery light is a sign of an alternator going
bad.  I know that somewhere deep in the archives or se-r.net, I can find the
procedure on how to get to my ECU and read the code.  I've been searching
through both websites and can't find it.  Can someone please link me to such
site?  Or if you don't mind typing, can you just tell me the procedure
yourself?  Also, how can I decode the ECU code?  Would Hayne's or Chilton's
manual have the codes?
My car is a 1995 200SX SE-R with 103,000 miles.  The only engine mod I have
is a CAI.
Thanks in advance!!

Dan