qr25 balance shaft FAQ!!

Torry Skurski ezcheese15@yahoo.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 01:38:18 -0500

Really, I feel no noticeable vibration difference.none at all.  Kojima
mentioned that there may be a slight difference at idle, but I could not
even tell then.

As far as replacing the balancer, you still can.  It just takes a LOT
more work.  And you have to buy some new parts.  If you buy a new chain
and main bolts, you can put it back in.  You also have to pull the front
cover, pull the timing chain (the balancer chain goes on first).  Also,
you would have to remove the plug that you screw in in the oil galley.

The *only* difference in the way it is when you put it back the way it
was, is that instead of a nice smooth oil galley leading into the
balancer, you will now have a threaded oil galley.  But it's not exactly
gonna be noticeable.

But I honestly don't see any reason to ever want to replace the
balancer.  It makes no difference at all if it's there or not, except
for the few HP it adds by removing it (or should I say "frees up").