Sentra.net not getting updated (was Re: qr25 balance shaft FAQ!!)

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Sat, 4 May 2002 18:56:03 -0500

Okay, one extended question to whomever..

I have a setup that will adequately host whatever content, as long as the
content doesn't require a windoze server or some special commercial product
to run. I own a set of unix boxes that host mail/news/www/dns.  I have
plenty of domains already, so I won't actually fork over ANY cash for
anything, I can use any of the ones I have at will, anyway.. but if someone
wants to, they can fork the cash over, and I'll host the name.  My systems
are tight, I'm willing to set up a couple folks with access to update,
stuff, or I'll post stuff up regularly if folks mail htmlballs off to me.

I'll leave this as on open offer - for anyone with SE-R-like content, to
host there until further notice, which means, basically forever, or at least
the foreseeable next few years.  At a later date, I can move everything
seamlessly if it's necessary - so downtime is a non-issue, oh yeah, I do
mailing lists too, so if the deskmedia.com thing ever dies, I can pick up
that slack to, just not to deskmedia's domain.

I've considered doing a wget -R on the whole sentra.net docroot, I might
anyway just to keep a copy online for myself - unless someone mails me back
with some huge issue over it :)

I'm willing to take on hosting all the sentra.net content, and even willing
to update it a little bit, if y'all can provide me with the updates, which
it seems y'can.

Feel free to flame, blast, patronize, respond - whatever floats your boat -
or even take advantage of my mildly generous offer - it doesn't cost me
anything, all the stuff is running and online doing other small tasks...

Tat is all,

Pete

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>