SPEC-V stock hp

Jason Nicholson jasonsnicholson@yahoo.com
Sat, 4 May 2002 09:54:41 -0500

There's been a lot of discussion and disbelief
regarding the stock hp at the wheels of the new
spec-v.  I don't own one & you guys know a lot more
about engines than I do, but I have a suggestion.
Take out a map of North America and look how far north
Edmonton, Alberta is from southern California.  It's
like a 1400 mile distance!  More important to this
issue, it is A LOT colder in Edmonton.  Futher, most
dynos are not run in a "controlled environment."
Could this have something to do with it?  Percentage
wise, they are getting 6 - 9% more HP at the wheels.
This doesn't seem all that outragous to me.  Just a
thought.

Jason Nicholson
99 SE-L