Bard SpecV Rulez

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 3 May 2002 10:19:20 -0500

Maurice Hilarius <maurice@harddata.com> wrote:

>Took mine to the local shop recommended by police for setting speedos for
>certification, and while it was on the machine paid for them to run 4 power
>tests.

>One with everything stock, then switched over air filter units and re-ran
>with the Jim Wolf POPCharger.

>With stock config we got in mid 150's and after air intake change mid 160's

Well, I think we have the answer right there.  Either the dyno run is total
bullshit or they were using Stillen's dyno

>I think I would like to get the parts from Hotshot, but if they are not
>willing to provide before and after dyno run numbers, I am very nervous
>about laying out the $$

Hey you should use the same dyno.  You'll get something like 50 hp from a
header.

>Surely they must have done the tests to justify their claims, so why can't
>they provide them?

About now I'd have to say if you can't trust Hotshot, you can't trust anyone.
John has been a great supporter of this list.  He has continued to develop his
product for the cars despite already having the best product for them on the
market.  Hotshot has never made a claim they couldn't back up.  In fact, often
times list members have independently backed up any power claims of a Hotshot
product.  Some folks have had issues with their customer service, but most
have nothing but good to say about Hotshot.  So, I'll say once again, if you
cannot trust Hotshot, don't trust anyone.

>Point is who cares what the actual horsepower is?
>It's the difference that is interesting..

I think the gains shown on your dyno runs pretty much show that those runs are
totally worthless.  If it turns out a POP makes 10 hp on the Spec V I'll eat
my words and grovel at your feet for forgiveness, but I highly doubt I'll have
to do that.

George Roffe