Bard SpecV Rulez

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 09:52:54 -0500

With regards to your message at 06:20 AM 5/3/02,
se-r-request@lists.deskmedia.com. Where you stated:

>From: "Brad SpecV Rulez" <specv@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: QR25DE Spec-V development
>Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:17:26 -0500

>Well I was wondering if maurice's spec-v came with a different engine?

I don't think so.
I got one  of the very first Spec Vs to hit Canada last fall (November)
It has the "Sport package" which includes ABS and sunroof, and so on.

>All the spec-v's i have seen were around 140-145 whp. I got mine tested on R&D
>and got 143, now I have the AEM CAI and i am gonna get it tested on the next
>dyno day to see whats going on.

Took mine to the local shop recommended by police for setting speedos for
certification, and while it was on the machine paid for them to run 4 power
tests.
One with everything stock, then switched over air filter units and re-ran
with the Jim Wolf POPCharger.
With stock config we got in mid 150's and after air intake change mid 160's

I think I would like to get the parts from Hotshot, but if they are not
willing to provide before and after dyno run numbers, I am very nervous
about laying out the $$

Surely they must have done the tests to justify their claims, so why can't
they provide them?

I thought this would be a simple question..
Perhaps I am wrong.
Instead of talking about the facts and what the results are we are wasting
a bunch of bandwidth pissing and moaning about the results different people
got, on different cars, at different times, at different altitude, fuel,
dyno shops, etc..
Point is who cares what the actual horsepower is?
It's the difference that is interesting..

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

Ask me about the UP1500 Alpha - Full systems from $3,500!