QR25DE Spec-V development

Torry Skurski ezcheese15@yahoo.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 08:10:08 -0500

>>Oh and also what is this balance shaft thing? Does it give power when
u remove it? Do i >>have to replace it with something?Is it easy to
remove and does it have any >>disadvantages?

The Balance shaft is located inside the oil pan.  It is used to cancel
out 2nd harmonic frequencies in the engine to make it run smoother.
However, it doesn't seem to make any difference when removed (as far as
vibrations go), and it soaks up HP when it's there.

You don't have to replace it with anything.  But just as a warning, this
*will* void your warranty.  No disadvantages I can see except for the
warranty issue.

As far as it being easy, it depends on your mechanical skill level.
Please read the faq I made of how to do it.  Read through it first and
decide if you think you should attempt it.
www.nissaninfiniticlub.com/specv.html