A/C warm when not moving

Jon Davis jfdavis@epix.net
Thu, 2 May 2002 19:03:55 -0500

Jay,

Sounds like your fans aren't up to the task... try Nissan fans. You can
check this yourself by feeling the AC lines that go into the firewall (feel
on the bare aluminum). I just checked on my car - the small line was barely
warm, the big line is cold, it is 75 degrees F outside. If the system is
getting too hot, you will trip the over/under pressure switch which would
cause your compressor to cycle too much. At about 140 degrees F a surface
becomes uncomfortable to touch. If you find the small line is too hot to
hold onto, my bet is on fans.

Jon Davis