Leaking Axle Seal

ratteber@speedfactory.net ratteber@speedfactory.net
Thu, 2 May 2002 08:08:16 -0500

>Has anyone had a problem with the axle seals leaking after installin a
new clutch,pp, flywheel?

I just went through that and made the mistake of tapping the seal in
until it bottomed out. It leaked. This was on the passenger side. The
driver's side hasn't leaked even though I did the same with it. I has to
remove the seal, then tap it in just until it was flush with the tranny
case. It's fine now. I used a small prybar and levered it against a
socket, so I was able to use the same seal (didn't have another at the
time). Removing the crossmember made it a lot easier to deal with. What
a pain though.

Ron Atteberry
92 Classic