Opinions wanted on cat back build up...

Brandon Fujishige serturbo@hotmail.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:36:21 -0500

>Not really if done right.  Read a fluid dynamics book.  A very small
> >decrese in cross section and the affect on the boundery layer and
> >overall flow  caused by a weld beads penetration is a lot less than a
> >change in cross section.

I know this to be true from classes I took in college, but my experience is
different.  I always thought I gained horsepower by dropping my 3" crush
bent exhaust because the car just felt better w/o it.  But when I went to
the track, there was no noticable difference in my quarter mile times.  I
would've thought my times would drop just by loosing the weight of the
exhaust.  No drop in ET, no increase in mph.

Bran
98 SE-R F-Max stage I