Opinions wanted on cat back build up...

Brent Barts brent102@hotmail.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:25:31 -0500

Hi guys-i'm wondering if piecing together a mandrel exhaust would be better
or if i should just let a muffler shop munkey make one for me out of 3 inch
crush?
Yes, i know mandrels bends are better than compression bends but where i'm
starting to wonder is with all the welds in there.  If you have a bunch of
sections welded together then you're going to have some build up at everyone
of those sections which i'm wondering is any better at that point then just
doing a 10 percent reduction compression bend?
I would like to start a dicussion on this without any pissing contest to
intellegently figure this one out.
It will cost a little less for me to buy the bends and weld them
together-but will take longer to get the parts/figure out the bends.  I'm
not interested in buying one from anyone either private of professionally
made as i've already bought a muffler for the project.
Thanks for reading.
Brent
91 se-Rt pulsar det