Powsteering pressure hose

Derrick Stikeleather dstikeleather@bellsouth.net
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:24:42 -0500

> > Someone said they got their pressure hose from Autozone. Please let me
know
> > what brand and part # you got because the one I looked at today is no
where
> > near as identical to the OE pressue line.

> The hose had the proper fittings, it was a slightly different shape, but
> when you make something that has to fit in a box that's to be expected.
If
> the fittings on yours don't match, then you've got the wrong one.

I went though this same thing recently with the high pressure PS hose on my
Conquest.  I got the part, and it was little different from the factory
part.  It did have all the same bends, but was missing some of the
protective rubber parts in various places that the factory part had.  Also,
the ferrules on either end were not 14mm as the original was.  They were
something *slightly* bigger than that.

It did go on though.  Just didn't look quite the same.  This was an Advanced
Auto Parts piece, BTW.

Regards,
Derrick Stikeleather