SR20 info

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 20:19:21 -0500

Well I got myself a JDM high comp engine from Soko 2 weeks ago- how to spot a
high comp enigne U say ?? Well 1st of all it will have a internal coil
distributor and regular nuts for the valve cover instead of acorn nuts. Mine
is out of a 97 Nissan Rasheen- small SUV. I noticed the brackets for engine
mounting are little bit different than the US motor, oil pan is little bit
different too. My engine is still a high port. The coolant temp sensors are
the same as the US ones- my gauges work fine. The O2 sensor is same as the US
one - 3 wire heated. It doesn't have EGR still. Ive installed the engine
today- no fuss took me a few hours by myself. Mods- ported Gen3 HS header-
rusted as hell, Catco highflow cat- brand new, old Greddy catback- need a new
mid pipe its got few months left its starting to leak at the mid muffler. UD
pullies, JWT ECU, no AC, JWT clutch, JUN flywheel. With the higher compression
I must say the f&ckn car moves like a mofo !! I took it for a spin today and
it was unbelivable. I think its gotta be making 160WHP with no problem. Spins
up very quickly thanx to the flywheel. Idles like a brand new engine. But I
got my old OE injectors- since my new engines fuel rail was bent. I didn't
wanna swap injectors and all this so I just put on the rail off the old
engine. I need to swap my DET valve cover back on the new engine and shes a
beauty:P My S4 cams are in the mail.
Mike Jez
93 SE-R deff LOW 14 high 13 sec car NA...blower soon to come:P
01 Max low 14 sec boat, 13s on NOS.