Tire

Robert W. Rood rwrood@qwest.net
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 08:08:23 -0500

Hi Mark,

Did you get my post the other day? I didn't hear
back and was wondering...

As far as the the tire goes, I'm leaning towards
alignment issues (and possibly, as another list
member indicated, a slipped belt) due to the tire
hitting the curb. And why do I think that?
Because you'll notice the sidewall wear is not
symmetrical - that is, it isn't wearing the same
distance from the top of the tire downwards. And
the fact that the tire's tread doesn't seem to be
wearing unevenly is only because the tread is too
deep to show it - even though it too is wearing.
I can almost guarantee that if you (or your
girlfriend) were to continue driving on that
tire, a far more obvious wear pattern would
surface. Just remember the "Law of Large
Numbers." ;-)

Robert