Hotshot compared to Place Racing

Ralph Mitchell SERMitchell@msn.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:25:31 -0500

First let me say hello to you all. I have been subscribed to this list for a
while but this is my first post.

My Question is: Are Hotshots CAI's tuned to resonate just as well as Place
Racing's?

Here's the deal; I had a PR CAI for a low port SE-R on my XE with the GA16DE.
It made one hell of a growl when I stepped on it. At the time the CAI and a 2"
Greddy cat back is all I had for engine mods.

I just got a HS CAI and installed it on my 91 SE-R with the high port SR20DE
and it is not even half as loud.
Okay I realize its a completely different motor, its a high port, and now I
have a gen. 4 HS header as well as the same Greddy 2" cat back exhaust but...I
really miss the bark of my old PR CAI and I'm just wondering if HS's CAI is
not tuned as well or is it just that way with SR20's? This is my first CAI on
a SR20. The other member who lives close to me has the Pop charger. (Just like
I used to)

Would any of you members care to comment on yours?

TIA,

Ralph Mitchell
(SERMitchell)