Rodbearing Code Loaction; For Replacement

Thomas Reynolds fthomasr@bellsouth.net
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:09:58 -0500

>I *thought* the color
>code would be on the block under the oil pan, I don't see it.  Will I
>need to remove the Rodbearing Caps to see the Color so that I can order
>the New ones from a Visual Color Inspection? (Looking for Green or
>Orange)

Heck no! You can't go by the rod bearing colors because they wash off
sometimes and also are 'tinted' sometimes because of oil staining.

You go by the markings on the crank. They are on the first crank throw (the
side nearest the timing chain) on the top row. The top row are the rod
bearings, ignore the bottom row which are crank main journal sizes. Go one
standard size tighter when you replace them and you should be fine.

Thomas
'97 200SX SE-R
F-Max Stage II Turbo
Freshly rebuilt RWD SR20DET going into S13 240SX (for a friend)
Albany, GA