Changing the Receiver/Drier

Darin Dux ddux@vermeermfg.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:53:32 -0500

Geo,

I've changed lots of these systems when I rebuild cars and as a matter
of fact I just put a new dryer in my Z this weekend.  I'm not sure
exactly which fitting you're referring to, but is it the joint between
the two billet aluminum blocks bolted together?  If so, the parts do go
together flat with the bolt tight.  I believe there is a machined groove
for the o-ring in one of the blocks.  This bolted joint is made tight
but the groove maintains proper compression of the o-ring.  BTW, did you
put a little mineral oil on the o-ring when you assembled the joint?

-Darin