Camber by slotting the struts

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:06:36 -0500

"Derrenbacker, L. Jonathan" <JDerrenbacker@KSHGS.com> wrote:

> Last weekend I tried slotting the front struts to gain negative camber. It
> worked, but I soon noticed its pulling very hard to the left now.
> I also noticed both sides didn't have an equal amount of camber, and it was
> hard to get them exactly the same.
> How important is it for both sides to be exactly equal?
> I'm assuming the pulling to one side is because of the toe created, and I
> can ignore it until I take it to an alignment shop?

Well, I'm glad that it worked for you.  You really should have the same amount
of camber on each side.  Having one side with more camber will probably make
that side wear faster and give you a higher G capability on that side as well.
This could be a problem when you transition to turning in the other direction
and now can't make the turn....
The toe created will kill your tires quicker than anything, and yes, that is
what is causing your car to pull.
Get an alignment soon.

Tim Rogers
-'93 NX2000 T-top