Subwoofer location ideas....

Jonathan Hamilton hamiltonjct@yahoo.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:03:20 -0500

How crafty are you?

If you are not afraid of going for a big project you can mount one 8"
sub in each side panel in the back seat.  Then it is completely
invisible or really obvious depending on how you cover/mount them.

The major idea is to cut out part of the sheet metal behind the panel
then fiberglass in the area in the well finally mounting a piece of MDF
as a baffle for the speaker.  Make sure you Dynamat (or similar) the
backside of the outside sheetmetal or rattle will become you middle
name.

SCC did an article on this a long time ago when they were into rice
during one of the Civic project cars.  I will see if I can find the
article, scan it and forward it to you if you are interested.

Using this same technique you can put the speaker in the spare-tire
well and I have even saw another SE-R that put them in the very back
corners of the trunk, near where the jack is stored.

Later,
Jonathan Hamilton
'92 SE-R w/toys
'96 SHO w/o