First Question

svanhook5@comcast.net svanhook5@comcast.net
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:25:26 -0500

To all sr20 enthusiasts(who can help),

This is the first time I have e-mailed this list. Brad Woodworth introduced me
to it recently. I have a 95 200sx se-r with a fwd u13 sr20det that I installed
myself(along with a little grunt labor from Dan Decker, Brad Woodworth and my
brother. Before I installed this engine I new almost nothing about my car, or
for that matter any car. Through exhaustive research I have learned a great
deal. Before I put this engine in I took it apart, right down to the pistons,
water pump and valve springs(that sucked) :). I replaced all the gaskets
including the head, rocker cover, water pump, rod cover, oil pan gasket and
others. I also changed the rod bearings while I was in there, after all I
wanted the car to last me a while (I've heard horror stories). When I got the
engine in there and everything was connected I started it up.....It was
perfect, it started right up and purred like all sr20's(except for a little
initial smoking due to excess oil from my handy work.....oops). It has a rock
solid Idle(better that the sr20de that was in there before), good compression,
good oil pressure and everything else that I could think to check.

    I have now had the DET in my car for about 8 months My total list of
modifications include :

            JWT ecu, JWT pressure plate and clutch disc, cold air intake,
Courtesy Nissan chrome cat back exhaust, Nismo radiator and cap, manual boost
controller,                     Energy Suspension motor mounts, and front
mounted intercooler. I had it dyno'd at 200hp with 205tq at 8psi.

    I am trying to determine what to do next. I have looked at Aquamists water
injection, HKS exhaust manifold, UR Pulleys, Greddy intake manifold or simply
upgrading the turbo. I would like to know what upgrade would be the best for
me next. If it is the turbo upgrade I would appreciate some help on deciding
which one to go with. I am still learning so I am not sure what will fit
inplace of the t-25.

If anyone has any suggestions for me please let me know.

Thanks,

Shane Van Hook

95 200sx sr20det

200hp 205tq