Tranny Fluid? GL-4 / GL-5 WTF!!

Stefan Bauroth sbauroth@hotmail.com
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:30:37 -0500

Joe S. wrote:
Someone wrote in last digest and asked if MTl or MT90 was better. WAKE UP!
PAY ATTENTION for God's sake, people. At least SEARCH.

Um, I was asking about "regular" GL-4/GL-5, not MTl or MT90 which is
synthetic.  Another subject that I wanted to point out in my post was that
recently numerous sales people told me that GL-5 is a replacement for GL-4
(which isn't true).  I also wanted to mention that Jiffy Lube put GL-5 in my
car back in '98 - before I knew better. Remember any of this from any past
digests? Didn't think so, because it's new information. Yes, the overall
topic is "old" and can be searched, but my info is new.

"all I can find is GL-5 fluid! No one has GL-4"!
You are kidding right?

No I am not kidding. Out of the five stores I went to no one has GL-4. Had I
found GL-4 I wouldn't have said that no one has it.

Stefan Bauroth '92 SE-R