93.5 -> Up? Cam/Valve Timing/Valve Lift

Brian Jones jonesbri@cfl.rr.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 04:40:13 -0500

I was bored so I decided to run through some figures from the FSM.

For the 93.5 Model, the valve timing was changed but ONLY for the AT
model,
The Manual tranny stayed the same as 93.

>From the diagram it shows that the intake valves are open less than
Than previously, but the exhaust stayed the same.  So obviously
The intake cam is different.  I guess that's why we want
To put the 91 year cam in for the intake.

I also noticed that now for 93.5 AUTO, the intake and exhaust
Cams had the same exact specs for cam height and valve lift.
The manual tranny had a larger height and valve intake lift.

So I guess you guys with MT from 94-96...check your specs on the
Cams and timing...you may still have that more aggressive cam
For the intake...probably us with the autos are stuck with a
Less aggressive cam.

One thing that may also be connected to this??? Is that a MT
Redline is shown as 7500 where as an auto is 7250.  Why is this
The case?  The AT cant take higher revs?  Nissan wanted to make
The auto more "luxurious"?  Nissan *DID* change the AT for
The 93.5 year.

My next question is...for those who have done engine swaps..
Do you know which cams you were getting?  Was that engine
>From a manual or auto?

Last...would it be harmful to the tranny to put that more
Aggressive MT intake cam on an auto tranny now?

-Brian Jones
93.5 G