JWT S3/S4 questions (yes, I checked the archives)

Dave A. Kerr dakerr@attbi.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:44:34 -0500

>1) Will S3 and/or S4 cams pass CA's smog check?

I just passed the smog check in CA with my S4's and ECU, I did fail the
first time but went home and did a tune up (plugs, wires, cap, and rotor).
Going from memory I was close on the CO however. Failing most likely didnt
have anything to do with the cams however. I had just bought the car and
installed the cams a few days later and found out when I was tuning it up
the old owner had the wrong type of plugs and had failed two years previous
at the smog station.

Idle with S4's seem to lope really bad without the ECU program.
>3) Does the revised ECU program allow S4's to idle reliably below 1000 rpm?

My car currently idles at 1200 which it seems to like very much. at 1000
rpm it loped too bad.

Dave