Dreaded 5th Gear Popout

Tim Herber camaro@gbonline.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:31:57 -0500

Hey everyone,

Well i'v had my sentra se-r for about a month now, and believe it or not, it
won't stay in 5th gear!!  I'm ok with working on transmissions, but i would
appreciate some info.  Anyone who has actually performed the fix please
email me with any details you can provide.  What parts need to be fixed?  I
had to drive a distance actually physcially holding it in the gear, did i do
any long term damage?  Does this problem mess up any other aspects of the
trans?  Again any info would be greatly appreciated.  And and BTW, since the
trans is coming off, what clutchs do most of your guys use on the street?
Aluminum flywheels too?  Thanks
Tim