rocker arm bracket

Greg gklofa@vtown.com.au
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:18:22 -0500

Actually, it bolts on top of the cam journal caps.  If you were to bolt is
under them, you would ruin the head and probably the cams since you would
no longer have precision journals for the cams to rotate in.

>Yeah sorry about the bad explanation.

Gee, I think 7800 rpm is pretty good for a road car.  Better than most
production based race cars too.

>I'm happy with the 7800, yes, but with the future work I plan to do to the
engine, I will also, be looing at running a higher rev limit.

Do *not* attempt to rev further.  Actually the rev limiter will prevent
that anyway.  Above 8k and the rockers *will* fly off.  I don't know how
you are getting to 8k anyway since the ECU does have a rev limiter.  I know
Clark Steppler will not program that rev limit above 7800 rpm except for a
race car.  For the extra 200 rpm it's silly to eliminate that safety net
IMHO.  Hell, it saved my @ss at my first SCCA driver's school.  I came onto
the front straight at TWS in 2nd gear to get a jump on some squirrels in
SRX-7s and Spec Miatas.  All of a sudden the engine was cutting out and I
thought I broke something.  Looked down at the bouncing tach.  Oops -
"shift @sshole!"

>I have set the aftermarket management, and tuned it so far to 8000rpm.  It
seems fine, so far (touch wood).  In your opinion george, would the bracket
help, along with some stiffer springs?

regards Greg