Timing Question

Josh Foster jfoster@hoelscherengr.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:51:05 -0500

JS wrote"Dunno why this is being called the Mike K method all of the sudden,
it is actually the FSM method that has been published since, oh, about 91 or
so. It is in the archives I know and in the FAQ I'm pretty sure."

I just referred to the method as it was named on the site I printed it from.
I believe the site is one of the list members b/c I thought I found it from
their signature.

JS wrote"Regardless, you forgot steps. Once you pull the TPS, the engine HAS
TO HAVE the base idle set properly. If it does not, you are wasting your
time until you fix that. You have to rev the motor over 3000 RPM 3 times
after unplugging the TPS to get it into timing set mode. Also, the car has
to be up to full, normal operation temp WITHOUT the engine fans (or any
other serious electrical drain) being on."

I did all of that, but I didn't include it in the post b/c my timing is set
correctly, I feel.  I just wanted to know if it was possible to move it to a
known position w/o following the procedure.

Josh

[demime removed a uuencoded section named winmail.dat which was 61 lines]