overheating?

Chris Simmonds chris@1320tuning.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:38:21 -0500

Jason,
I'm not sure what your quoting but if your
refering to the hose running from the rad to
the theromostat then here was my situation.

When my car was overheating the passanger side
of cooling system was HOT (overfill bubbling,
rad cap steaming, hoses hot ect) and also this
side of the rad was hot. On the driver side, it
was the opposite. While the car was at operating
temp. the driver side of the rad was cool to the
touch and the hose to the thermo was cool. I
concluded that there was a blockage. Prior, I
replaced the thermostat but my heating problem
continued. So after replacing the rad, the problem
went away..and temps across the cooling system
were about the same.

The one hot one cold thing is basically saying,
that one side (driver half) isn't even recieving
and therefore the hose is the same temp it was
throught the night, the passanger side is 911 hot
becuase it's stucked...not being circulated...not
being cooled.

Don't bite your tongue JGY, ask away. I can only
tell you from my experience.I believe your thinking from
a properly running cooling system standpoint...remember
I am refering to blockage in the rad.

Chris
bbdet

From: "Jason Garrett Young" <jasongyoung@jacomanufacturing.com>