What's the big deal with coilovers?!

Vinson Mok vmok00@yahoo.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:22:05 -0500

Well, they are just dampers, however if the height of the perch is different
and/or the overall length of the strut is shorter, I would assume that would
lower the car?

-V

> I never did get an answer on whether the AGX's drop the car or not,

Well, I guess theoretically, the AGX's should not affect ride height.
Reason
being, they are dampers.  The springs hold up the car, the dampers control
the
motion of the spring.  BUT... there are those gas pressurized or something
shocks... I dunno which ones they are, but the ones where if you push the
shaft
in, the shaft comes back out.  Those MIGHT affect ride height.