HELP with reinstalling CV shaft

Vinson Mok vmok00@yahoo.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:32:44 -0500

This happened to me and my friend last week when doing the driver side.  If
the shaft isn't inserted perfectly straight after clearing the first set of
splines, the head of the axle side might get buggered up.  We whacked it
very hard many times to try to get it to set but it didn't.  We ended up
taking the shaft back out, inspected the splines on the shaft which were all
blunted up, filed down the end of the splines, and inserted it straight it.
After the filing, it went in and set relatively easy.

-V