Passenger Side Motor Mount Insert. Info required.

Xristos Pronios hpro@b-link.gr
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 06:15:56 -0500

ES mount inserts have been waiting for over a year and are now been put is
use.

I am considering inserting only the torque positions mount but since a
passenger-side mount was available tried to "prepare" it in any case.

Simple questions.

1. It seems obvious that after removing the old insulating material I must
cut the metallic insert and take it out of the aluminum case. Otherwise
there is no way the insert will go in there. How do I go about
cutting/removing the damn thing?
http://www.reporter.gr/images/0test/image1.jpg

2. What is the exact orientation of the insert relative to the case. Am I
correct I should place it as shown on the next image so it will go in OK?
http://www.reporter.gr/images/0test/image6.jpg

3. Finally, most of the people that have done the mode said: "Lubricate,
lubricate, lubricate with 'PVC friendly' lubricant".
Well, except the ES grease (which is in short supply around here), is there
any other lub yu can suggest?

4. Should we actually use grease to let the insert slide in the case? And if
it is OK with this one, what about remaining inserts like the dogbone which
is much easier to slide in? I am contemplating trying to use soap-water so
that, when the water evaporates, it will stay fixed on its place.

TIA

Chris
1992 Sunny 2.0GTi