DET port sizes?

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:02:06 -0500

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com wrote:

>I am curious as to if the port sizes on the DET motors (regular or GTI-R)
>are larger in diameter than the regular NA SR20DE motors? Are they larger,
>and if so, how much? Are the valves the same size across all of them? What
>about the shape of the ports, any differences there that anyone can share?

I don't know about the valves, but I'd guess they are the same size.  There's
not a lot of room for larger valves in the SR20 head.

I'm 99.5% certain the ports are the same size and shape in the BB DET.  I port
& gasket matched mine and I didn't have to do much grinding at all to do so.

George Roffe