Maaco paint ?

sean mcmahon badahab@yahoo.com
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 11:08:41 -0600

It is quite possible to get a good paint job from maaco.  My friends neon got
painted there and it looks... well it looks better then what dodge used.  If
you just take it in, they clean it off and spray RIGHT OVER WHAT YOU HAD
BEFORE.  So do the prep work your self, sand the whole mo fo down and mask off
anything you can.  Try to get a color that will be similar to what you had
before.  Say your car is black?  Pick a darker blue not a really light one.
They will mask some stuff off, it just wont be a good job.  Some how they ended
up painting over his gas cap...  They dont paint the door sill or anything like
that.  They dont normaly spray the bottom side of the hood.  My friend had some
sort of funky body kit on the car and they sprayed a bit of the front grill.
They got a bit of the radiator too.  Over all his car looks a million times
better though.  Sure a nice paint job would look better and last longer....
buttttt.... well for the 202.54 he pay (with tax) you really cant complain.
Ill see if I can borrow a digi cam to take a pic of his car some time.

-sean