Hot Shot Turbo kits

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:43:56 -0600

> But, I've read time
> and again how someone has had a problem with their header and
> John has replaced it with no hassles.

I'm not going to get into details because I don't even feel like talking or
arguing about it, it's just not worth it. But this was not the case with me.
As a long time supporter and buyer of Hotshot products, I was treated like a
total POS, with absolutely no courtesy or respect whatsoever. If this is how
they treat their long term supporters and customers, then well... (and I was
trying to spend money with them, how hard can that be?)

> I've never read an account of John not
> taking care of it.

This used to be the case, I couldn't even get the John to get on the phone
this time around, even after trying to talk to a couple of insiders.

> Also, when I bought my (then very new to the market) Gen 3
> header for The Beast, something came up and I wrote to the
> list in passing that I didn't get the copper gasket with
> mine.  I didn't even call HS to complain or try to get one.

John did this for me back in the day as well, he sent me an AIV plug for free
once, then a gasket and some bolts.

> as long as you don't
> call expecting to get someone on the phone.

Funny, I never had a problem getting a useless person on the phone recently. I
would have preferred to wait and play phone tag to get John himself, but I
digress.

-Jay