ECU "knob" tip

Brax Sisco xenex@chpl.net
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:57:38 -0600

I just got a check engine light today, so I pulled the ECU loose and
checked the code - 33.  So I need a new o2 sensor.  But anyway, after
removing the plastic cover, pulling the ECU loose, etc...  I thought
damn, I don't want to have to do that again.  So I had an idea...

What I did is take a 1-inch piece of small flexible tubing and stuck it
tightly over the screw thing in the back of the ECU, then reinstalled
the ECU and the plastic cover.  Now, if I ever need to check a code, I
can just reach up under from the passenger side and turn the tube.  No
more removing the ECU!  It works really well.

Someone has probably done this before, and it may be in the archives,
though I looked and didn't see anything like it.  Anyway, I just thought
I'd share!

Brax Sisco
'97 200sx SE-R w/ Stuff