NY auto show....

Glen Maeding goik@rcn.com
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 22:26:01 -0600

Motorists-

I went to the auto show in New York yesterday, geesh it was packed!  For
some odd reason I saw many models out there, like they have a thing for
cars?

Point is, of course I headed over to Nissan stage to scope out any cars
they had out there.  The new Z was a beauty naturally.  I bathed myself
in pleasure sitting in the SE-R Spec V.  I still dream of getting one
when I can afford it without any serious misc bills.  But what caught my
eyes were two things, and they were adjacent to Nissan in the Infiniti
stage.  A G35 coupe and  M45!  G35 coupe, I was expecting it, but a
M45?!?  M45 was seemily a transformed Q45...essentially a changed front
facias.  I had no idea what the difference was, I looked at the engine,
same ol V8, same gauge, same seats, same wheels, body seems the same,
rear was little different, but everything seems the same.  Anyone know
why M45 came to be?  Link of what that car looks liek can be found at:

http://www.nissannews.com/

Meanwhile it seems you can find other info on the G35 coupe and whatever
at that link too.

I am deaf so of course I missed out the details on the G35 coupe, but I
have one word for it - BADASS!  Oh yah the Murango looks good... outside
it alomst seems on par with the Acura ehh MDX....ehhh SUV whatever.  But
the interior was another story.  I saw things that should be in normal
places placed other locations.. like there were this vent located on
side beams where doors hinge and close on.  Normally theyre on the
center console in a car or beneath the seats.  The gauges were unlike
350Z gauge.  I meant as in depth of the gauge covers, this one seems
slim like a motorcycle gauge pods.  It had more look to the G35 than it
had anywhere else too, but it did look very roomy and bad ass too.  V6
in that Murango is held in umm T boned to the driveline for AWD
functions unlike other cars where its lined up with the transmission to
the driveline to the rear.  This one also had the CVT in it too.  Neat SUV.

Honda of course did not have anything impressive to show beside a raced
up Interga.  They had this seemily mocked up race car or something, but
you just know it was not gonna materialize unless someone wants to
mention in on this if they went to the show as well.  Saturn came out
with a new roadster.  Interesting car.  They also came out with a car
called ION, supposely it had panels on there you could exchange for a
racy look panel exteriorily and interiorily.  We all know about Soliace
from GM or Pontiac that is.  Mistibisi had their umm turbo charged
version of umm ehh whatever that car is called but it had the right side
driver so ehh.  Impreza from Subaru remains the same, nothing new there.
Jaguar had this seemily concept car of a new sport car or something,
looks like the XJR coupe or something.  Audi had this new convertible,
else is the same.  Everything else on concept cars and regular cars are
the same as you have seen in previous shows.  So oh well, I was going to
take pictures but my friggin battery died on me!  ARRRRGGGHHH!

Hope this report was worthy?  Heh.