Intercooler cleaning

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:29:46 -0600

There's a nice scotch-brite style wheel they make in different sizes called
rol-loc, available from any Napa parts store, it seems to be just the thing for
gasket surfaces/lightly brushing the metal to prepare for a weld joint, or what
have you.  The main downfall of the unit is that you need to spend about $20 on
the chuck adaptor for either a drill, or a die-grinder setup.  If you have and
intend to use both, it's $40, then.  On the upside, the disks are *quite*
effective, and cost around 90 cents a piece.  I'd use them over steel to clean
anything, since it's a little bit less abrasive, and if your touch is light,
shouldn't take the metal down.  They won't fit into my EGR passage, but you
can't have everything. :)

Hope this helps out a bit,

Regards,