T25/T28 Hybrid?

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:04:56 -0600

I was looking at the Joe P Manual Boost Controller, and managed to
find linkage to Forced Performance.  While there, I saw that they
have three Garrett products for the 300ZXTT:

  http://www.forcedperformance.net/300z_turbo.htm

 - T25, Larger compressor with clipped turbine shafts ($1250/pr)
 - T25/28 Hybrid, T28 compressor and T25 turbine shaft ($1590/pr)
 - T28, no mention of modifications at all ($1690/pr)

Other than cost, is there any reason you couldn't use something like
their hybrid on a GTi-R manifold and reap some benefits?  Or would
you still be better off with an S14/S15 turbo ("which is a ball
bearing center section sort of a T3/T25 hybrid." according to Mike
Kojima)?  According to other information I've found in the archives,
a smaller turbine seems to be better for boost levels that don't
exceed 12 or so PSI; 15 sounds like fun, though.  Would a T28 or T3
compressor raise the delta-P safely enough that reversion wouldn't be
a problem yet?

Naturally, one would still want to grind and extrude hone the T25
turbine housing on either one, but I haven't seen this question before.

=====
--
-=|JP|=-          Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |