B14 HATRED

Andrew Phan andyphan711@netzero.net
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:35:46 -0600

I guess it's my turn to chime in on the SR20DEvelopment thread.  Let me
first say that my experience with them (neither good nor terrible) pales in
comparison to that of Ron's and Antonio's experience.

Last October, not long before the first SoCal SERCA track day, I placed an
order with SR20Dev. for a JWT ECU for my NX2000.  I was looking for an
alternate place to purchase the JWT ECU, as I was looking for a lower price
than the $595 charged straight from JWT.  I recall being told that SR20Dev.
sells JWT ECU's and also gives SERCA member discounts, so I decided to go
with them; not to mention the high praise they've received by various SE-R
list, SoCal SE-R list, and SR20 forum members.  The ECU was received within
a timely manner (few days), though there was one problem: The ECU was
defective, meaning, it didn't work... Car wouldn't start at all.  I promply
called back Chris Parker, and he told me to ship it back so that he could
have JWT check it out.  I asked him if it would be possible to have the ECU
back before the SERCA track day.  He said that he'll be at the event, and
so he'll personally deliver it to me.  I get a voicemail message a day
before leaving for Willow Springs; it was Chris saying that he had just
shipped out the ECU via UPS Ground.  So much for getting the JWT ECU before
the track event.

I received the ECU the week after, and it worked just fine.  But the story
doesn't end there... I shipped back my stock ECU, and a few days later I
get a call from Chris saying that he cannot accept my core ECU because it
was damaged.  Obviously, I don't know how it would be damaged since it
powered my NX for over 135k miles.  He mentioned that it had water damage,
and that if *I* cannot find another core ECU, he'll have to charge me the
$600 core fee.  I received the ECU back, and proceeded to open it up (it
had been written on the cover that said "Damaged ECU" or something to that
effect).  Sure enough, there was some corrosion.  I had to make sure it
still worked, and sure enough it did.  Thankfully, another SE-R listmember
contacted me by phone saying that he has an ECU for sale, and that he'll
ship it to SR20Dev. for me for $60.  End of story...

All in all... the experience wasn't bad... but it could have been
better.  And after hearing of first Antonio's and then Ron's ordeal with
them... I can't say that I can recommend them to anyone.