B14turbo hatred

edo@power.net edo@power.net
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 16:22:22 -0600

> Shannon Fitzpatrick
> San Luis Obispo, Ca
> 350 miles from SR20Development and well worth the drive
> '91 NX2000
> '91 Galant VR4

Shannon, I am glad that you received the service you paid for and deserve. I
just want you to know that both your car and Naji's were under the
microscope and were vital to restoring what little credibility SR20Dev has
left. Failure to deliver on these would have put nails in Chris' coffin. You
can recommend all you want, and that's fine - continue to patronize his
business, that's your choice.

My point is, the customer service and quality varies greatly and is highly
inconsistent. Perhaps if I didn't spend $3500.00 with him - I could've
gotten my car back in the time promised without any ensuing catastrophic
failures. What did you get done? How much did you pay?

Here's the breakdown, I was charged $1600.00 for a LONG BLOCK BB DET. No
accessories, turbo, manifold - nothing, just the long block. And, this is
AFTER the so-called SERCA discount. JGY sells long blocks for $900.00 - and
I know his source for these motors are in California. Do the math, I can get
a clean BB DET long block for $600-750. Why didn't I? Well, since SR20Dev
came so highly regarded by upstanding citizens within our community, I
decided to pay the premium since Chris is supposedly one of our own -
besides he towed me from the track. Who brings their own steak to the
restaurant? `Nuff said about that....

The remainder of the $3500.00 was misc. parts and labor. This is the cost of
a clean se-r or nx, easily the cost of a bulletproof DE bottom end - or
money wisely spent elsewhere. Everyone here knows that Jay Hassinger built a
sweet ride, that's what I bought. It came to my door running perfect, it was
sorted and the only mod afterward was the HVC coil. I even backed up Jay's
dyno numbers on R&D's conservative heavy roller dyno.

In the end, SR20Dev caused the untimely demise of this car. I could not and
would not tolerate any more money being sunk into trying to resurrect the
vehicle. The engine bay was nowhere near the pristine state prior to the BB
DET swap. The car was a lowly sight to behold - at least there are pics to
show its former glory.

I will step back and humble myself - everyone here should take my experience
with a grain of salt. I have no reservations about SR20Dev's ability - mine
is not an isolated incident, but it will prove to be of benefit to those who
choose to conduct business with them. You will get good service from them
here on out because they cannot afford to slip any further - this is my gift
and legacy to you all. My misfortune is for your gain - reap the rewards of
a B14 martyr.

-Ron