MOTOR MOUNT SWAP

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:20:36 -0600

Tim Rogers wrote:

> Yes, you only _need_ one jack, but two might make it easier, since getting the
> bolts all back in place required some major flanagling of the motor position /

The key is to get the jack under the oil pan, with a board
obviously, so that its just supporting the engine enough so
that you don't raise it or drop it any when you pull the
mount out.

Removing the bolts can be done pretty much in any order but
installing the easiest way is to put the long bolt that goes
thru the mount in first just enough to catch the threads.
Next completely put in the outer bolts that bolt to the
block.  The middle hole should line up perfectly then and
you can put that in now.  Finally tighten up the long
bolt and your done.

You may need to jack a little for JWT mounts I've
found or place ones.  ES's ones I didn't need to.  That mount
can be changed in about 10 minutes.

Pressing in the ES mount into the darn thing thats a
hole other story.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 340K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R