'92 Sentra SE-R Autocrosser

Moore, John jmoore@opentv.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:55:22 -0600

>Howdy-
>Well I finally found a '92 sentra se-r. It is sitting on the oem wheels
with
>Blizzaks currently. So I need to start thinking about what wheels and tires
>I want to autocross with. I'd like to run in STS. What is a common
>wheel/tire size that most folks run? I would think a 15" would be
preferred.
>I'm trying to stay on a low budget this summer. So with that in mind can
>anyone recommend a wheel? It seems as though Azeni's are the tire of
choice.
>Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. - Jamie

	My suggestions for wheels and tires as absolutely cheaply as
possible would be to run Falken Azenis 195/60-14 on 14x6 NX2000 wheels if
you can find a set. Otherwise the Falken Azenis 205/50-15 on Kosei K1 Racing
wheels. Check out TireRack.com for these wheels. They are relatively light
(about 13 lbs) and pretty cheap $139 each. You will have to do some rolling
of the inner fender lip on the rear to fit the 205/50-15 if you lower the
car but they should still fit.
	Also does anyone out ther know if an early Miata lightweight 14"
wheel will fit on an SE-R. They are supposedly 4X100 bolt pattern but I dont
know the offset. If those fit and you could find a set, they should work
well with the 195/60-14 Azenis too since they are 14x6 and weight about 10
lbs.

John Bryan Moore
1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R (One of the "old guys" in SCCA STS)

"I dont want the statistics, just the truth!"