Headlights go out on high beams

Darin Dux ddux@vermeermfg.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:41:48 -0600

Sorry I missed the original post on this, but I've had the same
problem for a couple years on my Pathfinder.  Basically it comes
down to the switch at the base of the stalk on the steering column.
The switch gets dry and sticks and won't fully contact the high
beam terminals.  It gets worse in cold weather but usually you can
pull the stalk back to the flash position and then move it quickly
ahead to the high beam position to engage it fully.

This seems to be a somewhat common problem but it's kind of involved
to get to the switch to lubricate it.  It can be done, however.

Good luck,
Darin