General Question

Brent Barts brent102@hotmail.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:25:05 -0600

Hell yeah i would put on the j spec manifold!  That's worth an extra 10
ponies.  The trick is was referring to was to cut out the air box.  On
fender most side of the air box is the round air opening.  It is riveted in
there.  Drill the three or four rivets out and then cut out this side of the
air box.  Just opens up the restrictive air box is all.  Probably worth a
couple or hp or so.  Not bad for half an hour of work.
By taking all the plastic stuff out you open up an cold(er) air path to the
box/engine.
Another cool poor boy mod is to cut down you stock shifter to get slightly
shoter throw.  Take off the shift nob-it's glued on so get a pair of pliers
and a thick rag-and then take a hack saw to half of the threads.  You could
cut more off it just won't thread back on then.  Glue it!
Brent
91 se-rt
90 TTz
Missoula, Montana
anyone want a starion intercooler?  20 bux and it's your's!
Slightly damaged but still in working condition.