tire opinions wanted

Matt MA MA@legacypartners.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:35:45 -0600

>Yokahama Parada (never heard much about them)

I've had these tires on my SE-R for about 2 years, 35,000 miles, and 2 track
days. Tread now is almost to the wear bars. I'll probably have to replace
them before the next winter. One interesting sidenote about the tread
pattern,
is that it is a 2 step pattern. After about half the tread is gone, there is
lower portion that becomes exposed to the pavement. The amount of rubber
hitting the road actually increases slightly at this point.

 I would recommend these tires.They have decent grip in the dry - it's
difficult
to reach it's limits on the street (if you drive semi-responsibly), although
you
can easily do it on the track. Handling response is good. At the limit, it
breaks
traction predictably. They are a little bit on the loud side. The tires are
not
priced at the bottom, but it is competetive enough to be an excellent value.

I can't say much about it's wet performance, as I always drive like a grandma
when it rains.

There is a new "spec 2" version of this tire out. Tread pattern is the same,
so they must have changed the construction and/or compound. I'm real
curious to see how they perform.

matt ma . 92 SE-R